Monday 3 March 2014

Beatin', possibly Miss Steak's first song

I must have written that song around 1991 when I was 14 years old. I was a big fan of Guns and Roses back then and I used to love listening to their Use Your Illusion album while singing along with the lyrics from the tape cover. I did not speak very good english back then so I didnt understand most of it, but one of the few parts I could understand in their lyrics was mentioning "beating a dead horse". I liked the image, to me it represented the fact of working too hard on something that was hopeless.

I wrote a song about that metaphor. However due to my poor english skills at the time the grammar is slightly deficient in the lyrics, but it is still a very nice little piece I find.

I like the way my voice sounds in this song, somehow it does not sound like its me singing, but it sounds good, not that I sound bad but you know what I mean :D

No comments:

Post a Comment